Header Graphic
P.A.N.
Eco-Team Engineering
Patient Advocate Network
What's NEW? > Outreach Education
Outreach Education
A Garden Cultured Home Economic Network!
Login  |  Register
Page: 1

Seed~Star
3 posts
Jul 15, 2008
11:55 AM
The SolWest Fair is July 25th, 26th & 27th, 2008
at the Grant County Fairgrounds, John Day, OR

The Eastern Oregon Renewable Energies Non-profit presents Solwest Fair the last full weekend of each July. SolWest is an occasion for learning, networking, and supporting all types of renewable energy.

This three-day event offers engaging activities for all ages and knowledge levels. Participants from around the western region and beyond come to join the SolWest community and learn about energy efficiency, solar and wind energy, alternatively fueled vehicles, and more.

Check out the SolWest photos @ www.solwest.org

Post a note here if you would like to attend the event and perhaps car-pool with the eco-team.
bugboy
4 posts
Jul 30, 2008
9:24 AM
The weekend in John Day,Or. at Solwest '08 was rewarding on many levels as the gathering of alternative minds often is. Sale of OG garlic, red cornmeal and cereal and sale of Sharon Rempel's book Demeter's Wheat inspire me to grow. A day spent with seed production in Monument, Or. allowed an application of fish fertilizier and liquid kelp to stimulated good seed set.
gaiadirtworshiper
2 posts
Aug 20, 2008
9:03 PM
How would you like to have more energy? Sleep less? Cleanse and detoxify your body? Lose weight? Combat cancer? Turn back the clock?

Discover the power of WHEATGRASS!

Wheatgrass packs a punch with antioxidants, enzymes, chlorophyll, and amino acids. Its benefits are numerous and more is being discovered all the time.
Learn more about the benefits of wheatgrass and the rich history of wheat in our culture:

The Gorge Grown Eco-Team presents the Crescent Moon Eco Talks Tues, Sept. 9 in Terra's lovely garden. The event is a potluck and will start around 6 pm. Please bring a lawn chair if you have one. We will be covering Chapter 1 in the following publications:

"The Wheatgrass Book" by Ann Wigmore
"Demeter's Wheat" by Sharon Rempel

If you need help obtaining a copy of either book please drop us a line and we'll see that you get a copy!

Space is limited to 10 or 12. Please RSVP via post and let us know what you will be bringing to the poluck and for directions. Or better yet, come and see us at the Gorge Grown Farmer's Market on Thursdays and Juice The Goose!

We look forward to seeing you there!
gaiadirtworshiper
3 posts
Aug 20, 2008
9:20 PM
Are you looking for a way to preserve the abundant fruits and vegetables that we here in the gorge are blessed with?

Try canning! It's a great way to take control of what goes into your food supply and to support the local economy. Canned items also make extra-special gifts for Christmas, birthdays, and housewarmings. There's nothing better than that pint of peaches in the middle of January!

I would like to host a canning workshop at my house on Saturday, Sept. 13 around noon. We will start with a potluck lunch. I expect we may be doing pears, in which case I'll share with you my secret for making them extra-yummy! I will keep you posted as things develop.
You will need to bring something for the potluck, a paring knife, a potato peeler if you have one, and your sense of humor. Space is limited to 8 due to size constraints. I would be willing to add more workshops, however, if there is sufficient interest...
Please RSVP via post or come and see us at the Gorge Grown Farmer's Market and get juiced!

See you there!
bugboy
7 posts
Sep 23, 2008
10:32 AM
...a forward from Heather Duyck

The Sustainability discussion group held it's first gathering on Sept 9th. Future discussions will be the second Tuesday of each month at 7pm downstairs at Zion Lutheran church in The Dalles.

Post a Message

(8192 Characters Left)